- Receipts that are valid for Canadian income tax purposes are issued for all donations.
- There are several ways in which donations can be made. Please refer to the donation page.
- With the convenience of sending just one donation, it is possible to suggest more than one recipient, with designated amounts.
- It is a fast, secure way to send funds, especially to foreign countries. Outside of Canada, funds are usually sent in US currency.
- Current contact information is maintained for all commended workers.
- Gifts can be sent anonymously if requested.
- Confidentiality is assured.
Donors can suggest how they would like their donation allocated, or ask for it to be distributed at the discretion of the directors for areas of need. Suggestions in keeping with the aims and objectives of the GPF are honoured for the following:
- Donations for qualified donees (Canadian registered charities).
- Donations for commended full-time workers in Canada or abroad which have Agency Agreements in place with the GPF. The same applies to assemblies that are not registered charities.
- Donations to the GPF for its operations.
Prior to sending a donation for the first time for a specific purpose, it is recommended to contact the GPF office. Donations that cannot be allocated will be either returned, re-allocated at the suggestion of the donor, or at the discretion of the directors.
Funds are generally dispersed two to three times monthly. The GPF is often able to pool funds for one donee to be included in one transfer, while still listing each donation separately. Workers are notified by email of the details of each gift.
100% of donations directed to the GPF are distributed. The GPF bears the administrative costs, including the 1.6% transaction fees charged by PayPal for on-line donations. Donations to the GPF to cover administration costs are tax deductible and are appreciated.
- GPF respects the privacy of donors and donees, and no private information is accessible on this site.
- Only personal information that is necessary for the GPF to carry out its purposes is collected.
- The GPF does not share personal information with third parties unless required by law.
- For purpose of communication, contact information is supplied between donor and donee.
A pre-authorized debit is a specified amount automatically transferred from your bank account on a monthly basis to the Gospel Perpetuating Foundation (GPF).
It is a cost effective and time-saving method for systematic giving. It ensures that your support of the Lord’s work is consistent and safely handled.
A Pre-Authorized Debit form can be requested from the GPF office, or downloaded from the GPF website. Your signature indicates your agreement with the terms and conditions. This agreement, along with a cheque marked “VOID”, must be returned by mail, fax or email to the GPF office.
On the Pre-authorized Debit Agreement form, you can suggest how you wish your donation to be used. The GPF can honour requests for support of workers and programs that are approved by the board. You may contact the GPF office if in doubt.
Withdrawals are made on, or about, the 20th of each month. Once the transfer is made, the processing time is the same as for other types of donations.
An income tax receipt will be issued at the end of the calendar year.
Termination of the agreement, for whatever reason, or changes to the agreement including changes to account information must be received in writing or by email by the 10th of the month in which the change is to take effect.
Further information can be obtained from your financial institution or by visiting www.cdnpay.ca.