The Gospel Perpetuating Foundation was incorporated in 1956 as a non-profit organization under the Societies Act of British Columbia, and in 1967 obtained registered charity status federally. Its founder was the late Clarence W. Copp, and its founding directors were H. Basil Boyd, George P. Campbell, Cecil A. Copp, Roy Dennis and W. T. Funston. Other past directors who have given diligent service have been Aubrey Copp, Lex Curragh, Jim McConnell and David McGaughey. Their vision was to assist Christian missionary enterprise at home and abroad by supporting missionaries, evangelists and teachers, as well as assisting charitable institutions such as hospitals, orphanages and schools. As funds were made available, assistance was provided for assembly projects such as the renovation and building of halls. From 1961 to 1975, the GPF owned and operated a 16-resident Rest Home on a non-profit basis for aged Christians at 3590 Hudson Street in Vancouver. From 1965 to 2010, the GPF owned and maintained a residence to accommodate missionaries home on furlough. The first was a duplex at 5525 Halley Avenue in Burnaby, and later, a townhouse at 15868 – 85th Avenue in Surrey. The GPF no longer retains the property for this purpose but continues its original mission to support Christian endeavour around the world and to assist individuals and assemblies in giving for this purpose.
The following directors are members of local assemblies in British Columbia. They serve on a volunteer basis and are responsible for policy decisions, management of charity assets, and oversight of GPF operations.
- Philip Broadhead
- Douglas McKillop
- Seth McKinley
- Paul McIlvenna
- Jeswin Jeyasurya
- Eddie Wong
The administrative office handles things like donation processing and bookkeeping.